Is liposuction for you?
- If you are fit, but can’t shift the fat from your belly or “love handles” no matter how hard you try, liposuction is for you
- If you are happy with your weight but not your shape, liposuction is for you
- If you are slim all over except for a wide bottom, liposuction is for you
If you aren’t sure, come in for a consultation and we’ll tell you whether liposuction is for you
Once lying in the procedure room or operating room, local anaesthetic will be administered to several small preselected sites through which the suctioning will take place. Once anaesthetised, tiny incisions will be made at these sites, and through these incisions a fine blunt cannula will be introduced for the distribution of dilute anaesthetic fluid throughout the fat being treated.
The anaesthetic solution is introduced into the fat slowly and carefully, but thoroughly. This part of the process can be uncomfortable, but once the anaesthetic solution is widely distributed in the fat you should feel no further pain.
30 minutes or so is allowed to elapse to allow the anaesthetic to have its full effect. The anaesthetic fluid will make your skin look pale, as it has a little bit of adrenaline in it to cause constriction of blood vessels under the skin. And whilst the anaesthetic fluid is very dilute, a fairly large volume is infused, so that the treated area will look quite swollen with fluid until the suctioning begins.And then the suctioning begins. Systematically, methodically, one area at a time, according to the plan, a cannula around 3 or 4 mm wide is moved back and forth through the anaesthetised fat, drawing out the fat cells.
You will be called on to roll and reposition yourself to allow us best access to each location needing treatment. And once it is all done, we’ll help you stand again so that the results can be seen. Any further “touch-up” suctioning can be performed, and then after a clean-up dressings are applied and a compressive garment placed around the treated area to apply pressure. You’re done!
- Tell me a bit about liposuction
- Am I a good candidate for liposuction? Is it right for me?
- What’s the difference between liposculpture and liposuction?
- How can I get the costs down?
- Should I get liposuction overseas?
- What areas can be treated with liposuction?
- Where can I read independent information?
- How can we maximise the safety of liposuction?
On the other hand, those who are overweight pretty much everywhere really need to lose weight through the usual approaches. Whilst liposuction can be performed anywhere from neck to ankles, we can’t do this all at once in one patient. (Then again, some patients are a bit big everywhere but are especially big in, or are especially troubled by, one particular spot. Liposuction is suitable in such a case).
- Neck liposuction, which is typically the smallest site commonly treated, starts at $3000.
A flatter abdomen is just $3500, plus your garment cost (around $150), and you pay no more for theatre fee or anaesthetist fee.
Abdomen plus love handles pushes it up to $5000, (again, plus your garment cost).
Upper arms a problem? $4000 is the whole treatment fee (plus garment). Add bra bump treatment for an extra $750
Saddle bags your only issue? just $4000 is your fee, plus your garment.
Upper inner thighs bothering you as well? Add just $750 to your abdomen or saddle bag treatment and we’ll do these as well.
Breast reduction by liposuction is your thing? As for upper arms and as for saddle bags, $4000 is your fee, plus garment